Georgios H. Anagnostopoulos
Office: H&SS 8034
Ph.D., Brandeis University, 1971.
I have taught classical philosophy, ethics, metaphysics and have
published various papers on classical philosophy and ethics.
Examples of publications:
- "Aristotle on Philosophy of Mind, Ethics and Politics" (Editor),
Topoi, Vol. 15, No. 1, 1996.
- "Aristotle on Variation and Indefiniteness in Ethics and Its Subject
Matter", Topoi, Vol. 15, No. 1, 1996.
- "Aristotle on the Good and Political Unity", Aristotelian Political Philosophy, 1995.
- Aristotle on the Goals and Exactness of Ethics, The University of California Press, 1994.
- "Aristotle and Skepticism," Skepsis, IV, 1993.
- "Thoughts on Explanation in Ancient Philosophy", in Greek Studies in the Philosophy of History of Science, Kluwer Publishers, 1990.
- "Plato on the Sciences", Inquiry, 1983.
- "The Significance of Plato's Cratylus", Review of Metaphysics, December 1973.
- "Aristotle on Function and the Attributive Nature of the Good,"
in D. Depew, ed., The Greeks and the Good Life.
- "Plato's Cratylus: The Two Theories of the Correctness of Names," Review of Metaphysics, June 1972.